- The show is called "13 years"...spiritually, it is inspired by several things: the thirteenth anniversary of Blackmail, the song "13 years" created by my friend Alejandro Escovedo, written through the voice of his wife of 13 years who eventually took her own life, and the "lucky" number that counts the years of life with my husband, Evan, after all of the experiences that have influenced our present lives and our future. As for the physical influences, I am trying to take my inspiration from beyond the visual with an honest representation of repeating shapes, a playfulness with weight and the absolute study and contrast of texture. I want it to be a collection that my daughter, Zelda, can appreciate.
- Paperless Post invitations continue to go out through cyberspace. If you haven't received one yet - please send us your email address - pronto!
- Met with Bryan Herbert - my hair guru - we did sticks and ball moss before sticks and ball moss were cool. This time going for a cleaner, more modern yet elegant look. He's sending me photos and we had a brainstorming session last night. I love Bryan - he gets where I am coming from.
- Models - pulling out the retirees - that means Naomi, Christy, Linda, etc LOL...no really, my beauties are coming out to model for me again: Eva, Summer, Samera with some new girls and some special guests thrown in. Bryan saw the photos last night and is working on specifics for hair types.
- Shirley Pinkson from W3LL People is designing the make-up. Think very early Miss Love - smokey eyes but not too dark, perfect skin and pale lips. I am a fan of the wild hair and dark shocking make-up so all of this is a studied modern departure for me.
- The clothing is taking shape and form: groups include lots of leather and raw linen, yards of light vintage wool crepe, washed and embroidered muslin, and huge salvaged panels of old lace curtains from a house in Clarksville. And yes, there will be color - watch out! But don't worry, no need to wear sunglasses...
- "Points forts" - dolman sleeves, full pants, no rules on skirt lengths and sorry girls, nothing to curvy or frilly. A rectangular, shortened silhouette - with large, raw ruffles but no, no, no frills!
- House: working on bringing in my favorite show manager - Neil, pretty please??? and calling out for floor & backstage volunteers...lemme kno if you're interested.
- Set-up and choreography: my girls are pros but we are waiting on numbers to do floor set-up, perhaps a runway, perhaps the sidewalk, perhaps the street.
- Music...DJ still in the works, have some ideas on mixes.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
A brief update...working on the logistics of the show.